Monday 28 December 2015

My Mac lip liner collection

Out of all the makeup bits I have from Mac I have found that I collect lip liner after lip liner, must be something to do with the vast amount of colours or their versatility. Sometimes I use them for the simple lip liner other times combined with a brush of Lush Honey Trap to my lips I apply a lip liner over and fill in all my lips leaving me satisfied with nice soft lips. 


I may not have tonnes of them but the ones I do have are each useful for their different reasons, I have some of the classic colours such as Spice and Soar after the Kylie Jenner lip hype but I also have colours that I heard from online such as in Youtuber LoveLaughandMakeup who recommended Dervish and Whirl in her Mac makeup Hauls. I managed to give each lip liner a run down and a swatch to explain the colours and their uses with a personal score at the end…

from top to bottom Beet, Nightmoth, Plum, Spice


Beet 8/10

described as a vivid reddish- pink I bought this lip liner to go with my M.A.C Red lipstick and the Editorial Reds lip pro palette which contains 6 of mac's most popular reddish lipsticks such as Lady Danger, Russian Red and Ruby Woo.

Nightmoth 9/10
described as a blackened plum this lipliner does wonders to go with lipsticks such as Dare You and Rebel, I originally bought this lip liner to try out some ombre lip looks with light lip sticks such as Russian Red for example and it looks amazing especially for a halloween look if your brave.

Plum 10/10
My all time FAVOURITE lip liner! The perfest gift from Nathan while he was deployed, I use this lip liner on a daily basis because it works so well, the colour is pretty much explained in the title although the swatch is very dark it is gorgeous! I usually pair this with Mac's Mehr which is described as a 'dirty blue pink' colour but more a dirty pink than blue and the two compliment each other so well as the lip liner gives it a darker edge to the lips. In my eyes a MUST HAVE!

Spice 10/10
described as 'pink cinnamon stick' this is the newest lip liner to my collection as a Christmas present of my mum as she knows about my lip liner obsession. This lipliner is very dark on me as I am pale but it does have some orange undertone underneath it. This for me is an adventurous lip liner due to its deep colour but I love it underneath light lip sticks so it can deepen the colour of the lipstick.


from top to bottom Whirl,Dervish,Soar,Boldly Bare
Whirl 8/10
described as a dusty-rose this lipliner is frequently called the Kylie Jenner lipliner, it is a perfect colour and one I have been looking for everywhere. I was lucky to pick this up for my birthday in September when Mac had received a whole new delivery of stock so they had all the popular colours in stock including this one. I enjoy also wearing this lipliner with Mac Mehr lipstick but also the Select Plum Pro Lip Palette which includes some beautiful autumnal colours such as Twig, Amorous and Cyber.

Dervish 8/10
known as a pinky mauve colour, with a highly pigment matte texture this lipliner is more like a pinky nude but it works perfectly for an everyday lip look. I came across this lipliner in LoveLaughandMakeup's What's in my makeup bag video and was going into mac frequently to purchase it but it was always unavailable but my mum finally bought it for me for doing well in my  university results. For the past couple of weeks this has been my go to lip liner along with Plum as they work well with my Select Plum pro lip palette as it is an easy go to look.


Soar 8/10
described as a mid tone pinkish brown it is a beautiful lip liner although the swatch picture does not do it justice. I loved this lip liner during the winter as it comes across like a brown with pink running throughout. I enjoy this with Please Me Lipstick from Mac and Captive from my Select Plums lip pro palette (can't you tell I'm a huge fan of those palettes hahaha). I find this lip liner out of most to be very long lasting given it is matte, I initially bought this lipliner along with Whirl and Spice because of online blogs saying they were the most popular so I wanted to find out for myself. A lot of people use these colours especially to recreate the Kylie Jenner lip look.

Boldly Bare 8/10
and last but not least my first ever mac lip liner, described as a medium orange-brown with a matte finish. As my first mac lip liner I paired this with mac's cremesheen Peach Blossom and totally fell in love I wore it everywhere shopping, to uni I was obsessed! This like most of the lip liners in this review are all year round lip liners because I don't think any are just for a certain season this lipliner however is so versatile. It is very close to my own lip colour but gives it a little more of a kick because it gives it a slight warmth.


Well thank you for reading my lip liner collection, hopefully I can collect more in the next coming months and do another post!




No comments:

Post a Comment