Sunday 17 January 2016

How to throw a 50's themed party...

So as part of my portfolio when I applied for my job I created many scenarios and themed events to show what I could do, and this was one of my favourite ideas! I love the 50s I love the fashion, the music and the amazing dancing. I'm more into the americana style of it, the 'Grease' look with the diners and the jukeboxes! But hey I would still have this kind of party in the UK. Anyway, here are my ideas for a 50s themed party...



The food..

In regards to food this is probably the easier menu compared to my 'Army themed party' menu as this could be simple chips,burgers with ice creams and fizzy drinks with funky sundae glasses and cool plates.

So it's a simple menu perhaps or take it one step further (like I would) and make cake pop poodle skirts and ice cream,popcorn and burger cupcakes just simple cupcakes with cool decorations. Sure to impress your guests...

The Outfits..

When any girl thinks of 50's they think Grease, poodle skirts, big curls and leather jackets. That's if they know poodle skirts were fashionably in the 50's, so for the guys its easy a leather jacket jeans a white t-shirt and trainers but a girl can really go all out on this one.


Honestly what girl doesn't wanna put on a long flowing skirt and just twirl? I mean i would do it right now if I could haha.. I just think the fashion back in the 1950s was amazing, so preppy and elegant and it could classed up like the picture on the left.

A cake...

So when I think 50's I think a tiered cake devoted to the most popular or iconic fashion pieces and relics of it's time! So I found a number of awesome cakes on Pinterest that would look fabulous on the food table!


I mean honestly why not?!

Decorations...

As well as the poodle skirt this is probably my second favourite part, when I look at 50s decor I see a lot of diners and sock hop type of set ups with the traditional black and white floor. I am 110% obsessed with that kind of image it just really takes you back to the 50s and how awesome things were with people dancing together and having a great time!

So here are a few of my ideas..



Records for decoration are a must! To create a cool centre piece or as a border along your walls endless possibilities! Along with pastel and black balloons a retro juke box and diner themed decor like the straw holders and coke crates. Super Classic!


This image I found on Pinterest and LOVED for a simple at home 50s themed party it is so cute and works to the theme perfectly without need a big room it is simple like a small party. i love the customised menu and milk bottles with funky straws! Seems like red and white is a popular theme along with pastel colours but I'm not complaining!


My final few idea's for decor linking to the first set with the vinyl records hanging and red cups, along with cool record plates and cupcakes. Seems to be a record theme going on here haha! I think the more authentic the better and you could probably find even more ideas than the ones I've shown here on Pinterest..

Anyway that is my how to throw a 50's theme party, would love to see someone try this out!
hope you enjoyed my lovelies! 

All my love,






No comments:

Post a Comment