Sunday 24 January 2016

The pros and cons of Army Relationships...

As I mentioned in my other army relationship posts there are always pros and cons of an army relationship any shape or form. A lot of my pros and cons are emotionally based because it plays a huge part in any relationship. I try hard sometimes not to let my emotions get to me especially over the hard times mainly because I 100% think that the pros out way the cons because there is always gonna be a day when Nathan comes home hopefully anyway and I won't be waiting for his return. Anyway, I choose to do the cons first because this is a case of leaving the best till last.




Cons
  • You have to be strong and independent especially during deployments. Having things to keep me occupied helped a lot but at the same time there isn't a time I hate wishing I could ask Nathan for a cuddle but I can't because he's 10,000 miles away. Ew
  • You'll never know the next time you'll see them. I think a lot of the time 'Aw Nathan will be home next weekend or in 5 days' 5 days turns into 2 weeks or sometimes 3. But the time apart does make you miss them a little more like time together is so worth it.
  • Worrying if their safe is scary because you never want to get a call saying their hurt or worse, I try to put it to the back of my mind but it is always there.
  • Girls will always try to bag themselves a soldier. Like I said I didn't know Nathan was a soldier for weeks when we met and it never changed a thing. But I have been told before by Nathan's work mates even when you say no to a girl and say you have a misses or a partner they are still keen and will do anything to get what they want.
  • Similar to the first one but you can't have a kiss or a cuddle any old time! You know them couples that say 'I miss my boyfriend/girlfriend' when they literally just left their girlfriend/boyfriends house? Well to army couple those couples have no idea! They would not cope with the seperation because it's rubbish...
  • Last minute change of plans suck! Could of planned the perfect weekend a movie, a meal and then a sleepover.. Oh what's that Smith has broke his leg from falling out of a window at camp and your fella has been given his guard duty GREAAAAAT! Thanks Smith...
  • Sometimes his army mates can be idiots! Like seriously talk about rude... I have had some horrible things said for me in the past and it's made me dislike someone instantly but you have to like them for the sake of your partner. It's a price you have to pay...
  • Soldiers are tired a lot! Like never mind a pregnant lady soldiers can be some of the moodiest, lazy and tired people going. I get it hard job and such right? But one second you on Facetime you look again and their flat out snoring like a baby. Typical well it is for Nathan anyway hahaha..
Pro's
  • It makes you super proud, everything they do. It's really as simple as that I know all he does is for me and our future and I know as hard as it is for me it's just as hard from him to be apart.
  • On the odd occasion you get to see cool stuff like tanks,bulldogs and try on army stuff. I think the first time Nathan took me home to meet his family we ended up both with army painted faces and talking silly selfies hahaha
  • You end up really close because your both in it 100%. Well the serious army couples anyway..
  • You get to hear funny stories about 'Army Banter' such as Nathan's food fight the other day with frozen oranges.
  • You do fun things most of the time because your not together 24/7. It makes you just wanna go out and have little adventures when you finally spend the time together.
  • Spending anniversaries,birthdays etc together is super special! I was lucky to spend our one year anniversary together but we have missed each others birthdays so far boo hoo!
  • When they wear their special uniform (number 2's) for special events there is certain sense of pride like 'this is the guy/girl that I get to call mine' and it's an amazing feeling. 
  • There are two types of army guys, the loyal ones and the players so when your lucky enough to meet a loyal one that won't go and mess around the second their back at camp then that's love. It couldn't get much better than that...
  • It makes you realise how special life is, one day I won't always be saying goodbye to Nathan and he will be away a lot less. I won't worry as much and probably one of my favourite things is that I will get to have a family with someone I have never loved like this before. Soppy and sad but the truth, like it's one of the biggest reasons i wake up everyday without Nathan and do my normal daily routine because it's one day closer to seeing him.
So those are my pros and cons of an Army relationship from my point of view, I do believe the pros out weigh the cons maybe it's because of the connection I have with Nathan. But honestly I hope no one thinks I'm condescending or anything I just like to write my opinions and feelings. Hope you enjoyed my lovelies!

All my love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment