Saturday 16 January 2016

DIY : Home Furnishings

Hi my lovelies! So I don't think there is anything better when you can walk into your room and see all the unique things you have created or that no one else has in their rooms. I am always creating new little unique things for my room, I just love to have things that speak for my personality and how I love being creative and thinking outside of the box.




So I have six idea's for this post, although two are quiet similar. Most are rather girly but I love like having memories all around my room, then again I just love interior design and home furnishings. I have been making things for my room since I was in high school just to make it a little more personal, for instance I started off making bunting for my room then went onto making some for friends and family for their rooms as well so it helped with my textiles skills massively. 


So above are the overviews of my ideas, as you can see they are very simple and just nice ways to either organise or decorate your room. Obviously I have already mentioned my cake stand with my Lush bath products on in my Lush Haul but i finally managed a picture where it looks nice hahaha. A long with my picture quotes and personal little details I add to fairy lights which looks super pretty and girly.


So this morning I tidied all my room and clothes that I had in piles went in my draws and threw away alot of clothes like old tops, shorts I'd outgrown and ripped leggings etc. So today I had a massive reorganising day basically, I started off cleaning all my desks down and mirrors and my window silly because it was a little dusty ewww. While I was doing this I realised there was too much clutter on my window sill so I decided to declutter and move things around, starting with my cake stand and took off all my Lush shower gel and my BIG lush sea salt shampoo which I will show you what I did with them in a few sentences hahaha..

I just think that the cake stand is so girly and a great way to keep bath bombs and bubblebars instead of keeping them in the bags. It is also like an air freshener for your room, every time without a doubt when I walk in my room I get a whiff of sherbet and cotton candy lushness (excuse the bad joke haha!). So now my window sill is a decluttered mix of bathbombs, a cute elephant statue from South Africa of my dad and some pictures and candles along with another DIY piece.



So carrying on with the bath cake stand, I decided that my Snow Fairy shower gel, The Comforter show gel and my BIG sea salt shampoo needed their own space. When I was doing my Lush haul post I chose to buy a little tray to photograph my bath products in and afterwards it was just lying around so I decided to put my bottles and pots into their along with a Zoella Soap Pop and a candle however the candle is currently burning (Yankee Candle Fruity Melon sooooo good) and I think it looks lovely on the opposite side of my window sill facing my cake stand...


So this was placed next to my cake stand but I created this recently, so it's a new piece to my room hahaha. I am so patriotic of Nathan and I love the little army relationship quotes like this so this was an obvious choice for me. I created this by printing off the quote from Pinterest then buying a 2 pack of photo frames from Asda for £2 to place the quote into and I love this it's so cute and I can look at this while sat at my desk working. Hopefully, it can make me smile hahaha...



Next up is a little personal touch I do to all my fairy lights on my walls and my bunting. I love receiving little quote plaques or hangable's of people there my favourite things for cute embellishment. So these are all hung on the same fairy lights on the wall behind my computer to remind me of friends and just life lessons. The first image I received the little angel of my mum while we were in a Lake District as there were lots of little hangable's and me and my mum are like best friends so I thought it was so cute. The second one was from a friend I went to college with and I added a cute little hair bow as it was just lying around. 


My last two ideas are very similar yet very effective, this first one was created from little pieces of paper and flower cards etc just lying around. The card saying Happy Birthday love Nathan xx was from my 19th birthday when we had first started dating, I kept it in it's card holder for a long time stuck in my brush pot but I kept knocking it off so I chose to combine it with lots of memories from the dates me and Nathan had been on. So along with the flowers card, I combined it with a bus ticket, a cinema receipt from our first film (Maze Runner) a sticker from our favourite food place and finally a card from a gift card from Selfridges of Nathan. I LOVE this because it is just a little frame full of memories over like our first 6 months of dating.


So excuse the little white banners covering up personal info! Sorry! But this was similar to my last piece but looks awesome! I have kept every ticket to every film me and Nathan have been to see, so I chose to put the first 4 films in a frame and yes they are in order hahaha! Can totally tell American Sniper was a film for Nathan and the rest were for me hahaha but this piece justs looks so classic on my shelf and pretty next to my build-a-bears and money pot. Totally worth trying out as it was a similar process to the other piece I bought a larger frame this time from ASDA for around £2/3 and then placed all the tickets in the frame and TA-DAH!

Well thanks for reading my lovelies I hope you like atleast one or two of my ideas! and let me know if you try them out!

All my love,

No comments:

Post a Comment