Sunday 10 January 2016

My MAC Palettes

I've wanted to do this post since I started my blog, because these palette are something I am extremely grateful for as I know not many people have them. When I first saw these online on sites like We Heart It and Pinterest I was like 'woah' and I knew from that moment I wanted one, so I looked how much it cost to create one as the case £10 comes separate from the tray £2.50 due to the case being used for the blush tray as well. The larger palette took around 5/6 months to fill using my babysitting money or as gifts, and the second smaller 4x palette £4.50 took around 2 weeks to fill. With each eyeshadow being £10 each my mum decided when I got the larger palette for Christmas that I would get 5 eyeshadows to start of with (SUPER GENEROUS) at the time I payed £21.50 for my palette and tray together but in the past months it has decreased in price which is always a win.




When I was creating my palette I fell in LOVE with Orange eyeshadow in the large palette bottom right obviously.. after watching LoveLaughandMakeup's youtube video and she used that eyeshadow to add warmth to her look so I knew I have to have it. That was when I decided to do a row of light neutrals such as Shroom and All That Glitters, then browns such as Brown Down and Antiqued leading all the way to the pinky to orange row that consists of Seedy Pearl and Sketch. The palette I created is very winter and autumnal, but there are thousands of options when making a palette like bright eccentric colours or grey palette with neutrals. I debated for a long time after completing my palette whether to do another large palette of light colours like Vanilla eyeshadow with the second row as greys to Carbon Black eyeshadow and then the final row being purple eyeshadows.

A rundown of all my eyeshadows



I decided when I was just about to finish my large palette that when I was travelling if i wanted to just take a few eyeshadows and not either loose or have the larger one stolen i wouldn't feel the pain as much of loosing a smaller one which was why I created my 4x palette which I love equally as much as my large consisting of 2 shimmers and 2 matte shades it is the perfect little quad to start of any makeup kit.


My quad palette
Let me know if you enjoyed this post and comment what kind of palette's you would have/create!


No comments:

Post a Comment