Sunday 17 January 2016

10 reasons why army partners are brilliant!

So I may just be a fiance at the minute but us army girlfriends/fiance's and wives or the male counterpart are pretty awesome in terms of the things we do for our army other half! So without any further ramblings here is..



  1. We are incredibly independent! Well we have to be, it's fine when they are home but especially when you have a home together and babies you need to be able to cope without them while there deployed or not able to get home..
  2. We know the risks of falling in love for someone who risks their life daily but we still do it anyway. It's all about enjoying the time we have, we choose to love them where ever they are because we will always be under the same sky (cheesey but my favourite quote haha)
  3. The distance and being posted is killer but we work through it, now during the week Nathan is at camp and I'm at home in Manchester so not being able to have a cuddle at night is pretty crappy sometimes. As for being posted I have been told that it is not great having to pack up and move every 2 years, I love interior design so maybe it wouldn't bother me hahaha
  4. Army mums are the epitome of super mum (and dad). Especially during deployments and training, partners with babies have to act like a dad as well as being a mum. I know some great examples of these and I would take my hat off to them (if I had one) because they do an awesome job!
  5. We are MASTERS at squeezing in late night (like really late night) Skype sessions, could be 2 in the morning but we still do it because we just wanna see them and hear there voice! I admit I fall asleep on Facetime to Nathan because it's like sleeping next to him haha. I had to do calls like early hours a lot during Canada Deployment because there was a 7 hour time difference! Ewwwwwwwwwww
  6. We really do make the best of the time we have - Although it may be over too soon and their back to work or in another country we try to still have normal lives just so things don't seem really crazy.
  7. We have to stay happy for ourselves and keep a soldier happy - he/she could have had a crappy day at work but as long as we can still make them smile even if we had a crappy day too it's all that matters because they depend on us too!
  8. Even when it get's tough, we know the best is yet to come! So things are hard and you just want a cuddle but their 200 miles away you try to remember that the first hug when you see them again is amazing and such a lovely feeling! We may be in the middle of a deployment but at least we know we are half way there and the best is yet to come with a homecoming haha
  9. We worry constantly yet still manage not to have a mental breakdown! Pretty self explanatory but worrying is a big part of the job. Are they gonna get hurt? Are they in a dangerous place? who knows all you wait for is a phone call to say 'I'm fine" I dread him going anywhere dangerous to protect our country but I know it will come and I pray he will be safe...
  10. Finally, when our partner finally returns we are the happiest people ever! Nothing can break the happy mood it puts you in!



So I think this could be a carrying on series for me because I also have 10 things only army spouses find romantic let me know what you think!

Just a quick post! Thank you my lovelies! 
All my love, 




No comments:

Post a Comment