Sunday 10 January 2016

MAC Haul Christmas 2015 & Boxing Day Shopping

Who doesn't love a mac haul? honestly I spend half my time watching Youtube videos or looking at blog posts about mac hauls and then I'm like 'ooh I like that' and end up asking for it haha. In regards to mac in general it is normally gifted to me from family or my boyfriend for special occasions like birthday, christmas or as a treat once in a while. Although when I did well in exams at college or got good grades my mum would take me to mac for a product or two haha. So the products in this blogpost are from Christmas and treats from Nathan and a lipstick I bought myself which is something I rarely do as I more of a gift giver than a buying for myself I'd rather buy something for a family member or Nathan.






So this Christmas I was super excited about the products I had picked out, I had been lusting over the Mineralize Skinfish in Soft and Gentle for so so long since around May/June but never got round to getting it. I had tried it out before in store but was talked into buying a Mineralize Skinfinish in Light which was more like a powder instead than a highlighter. Along with this product I was looking at the pigments as I already have Vanilla, Melon and Blue Brown in my collection along with other none mac pigments such as Inglots Eyeshadow pigment in 85 which is very similar to Blue Brown by mac. So while adventuring through the internet I came across Rose which is in my eyes a rose gold pigment (I have an unhealthy addiction with rose gold/copper) but is also officially described as rose with copper sparkle and a frost finish. This pigment could alone have been my mac gift for christmas because I was so excited about it as it is GORGEOUS! However, you know the deal in mac you go in you ask for what you want and the girls say 'oh have you tried… i love it!' and then it turns into I'll have one of those too haha. Although in the store I wasn't too fussed about anything else but my mum insisted on buying it for me as a gift for getting my first job just before Christmas (she's a lovely lady!). So I ended up walking out with another pigment called 'Naked' which is described as a warm shade with pearlescent undertones which are only noticeable in natural light but makes a subtle highlighter. That is probably one of my favourite things about pigments especially like Vanilla, Melon or Naked they are multi purpose as they can be used as highlights, eyeshadows,blushes or eyeliners and with clear nail polish and a sprinkle of pigment they can be a new nail polish. There is honestly a list of endless possibilities.



 On to the lips! So as I mentioned Nathan gifted some of these products to me which were the pro long wear lipliner in Etcetera which is my first Prolong wear lipliner, this was requested to me by the girl in mac that helped me choose my lipstick and she told me that this lipliner went perfectly with Viva Glam II. Described as a creamy beige which works perfectly alongside nude lipsticks, i found it worked perfectly with Velvet Teddy and Viva Glam V yet my favourite look with this lipliner was Velvet Teddy combined with Whirl as it gave a fuller lip appearance.

Alongside Etcetera Nathan also bought me Viva Glam II although I originally went in for Double Shot and it is rather creamy I changed it for this lipstick instead as I found that the combination was a colour I have been looking for for a long time.  I thought this was an incredibly thoughtful gift of Nathan as I never ask to be spoilt like this he just does it anyway, Although these are 2/5 products Nathan has bought me in the past he always does it in a  thoughtful way. Before this he has sent me details to go to the Selfridges pick up point and collect a package which was a paint pot and lip pencil I had been looking at the week before. I suppose he just knows a girl loves her mac makeup hahaha…
Viva Glam II, Brave, Velvet Teddy alongside Whirl.

The other lip pencil I received for Christmas of my parents was Spice which I mentioned in my 'lip pencil collection' blogpost, this lip pencil i had heard many things about and wanted something new like a darker brown for my collection. As I mentioned in my lip liner collection review Spice is described as ''pink cinnamon stick'' but is very warm with orange undertones.

Finally, to my little collection I added two new lipsticks which were Brave and Velvet Teddy. When debating which Christmas lipstick to get I was juggling between Brave and Faux as I love a pinky-brown lipstick so I finally decided on Brave as all the pictures and reviews I had seen made it so appealing. Described as a pink-beige with white pearl, However it is more a muted pink with brown undertones and applied like a semi-matte with a fairly cool tone. This lipstick however works with a lot of my lipliners like Dervish, Boldly Bare and the famous Soar as I chose lipsticks that go with the rest of my collection such as Mehr and Please Me. 

Now the last lipstick I received was my treat to myself, I purchased Velvet Teddy after seeing it was in stock on the Mac website I had to have it! Everytime I see it online it is always out of stock so I decided to get it before it was too late. Velvet Teddy is known as a nude pink toned lipstick but does sometimes come off as a brown with red undertone, however I love the colour none the less I wore it for the first time together and felt so confident. I felt like it gave me a fuller pout as I used Soar underneath it (the Kylie Jenner look) and was very pleased with the payoff.  It hold the definition of 'your lips but better' which is very true. But I honestly feel completely grateful for such lovely gifts of my family and Nathan and I will be working all these products for months to come.

What's your favourite lipstick?


No comments:

Post a Comment