Friday 22 January 2016

Patriotic home interiors...

I am a huge fan of interior design and I always tend to think about what mine and Nathan's future home will look like. I always imagined a home with small hints of how strong a family we are and how patriotic we are to his job and how we support each other. So I compiled a collection of images from Pinterest to portray my ideas and dreams for my future home.


Starting of with quote boards, I think these look so lovely especially chalk boards and plaques. These can express a person/families thoughts and feelings in a few simple words and portray how strong they are no matter how far the distance. I also found a cute quote pillow which I desperately want for my room, it would look so cute on mine and Nathan's bed or the sofa.


I chose a mix of ideas/inspiration, even though some are US army themed I think they would still work for even a British army home. People may think I'm obsessed with Nathan's job or the army but I just love interior design and not many people can incorporate the army into their homes in subtle ways.


I chose to put these quote boards together as they are all quite similar and portray the same message, I would definitely have one of these in my hallway.


Army men and keys..

I loved these ideas, I think the idea of keeping keys from homes I've lived in and framing them to show a journey looks so cute and personal. A long with this idea I love the idea of army men in a frame either spelling out a letter, which I would do for my sons spelling out their initials or a larger frame like the large image without the spray painted and just green army men.  I think these could decorate a child room perfectly.


Deployment Decor...

So these ideas I love for during deployment months, I like the framed maps showing where Nathan has been or where he is currently. The images down the side are a compilation of things to have hung around probably in the kitchen area such as a 'Deployment Wall' showing where Nathan is, what time it is where he is and how long is left till he comes home.



Deployment wall map..

Finally, my favourite idea! I love this for a centre piece in my home like the living room. I think it would look awesome like the first image, hanging the tags on saying where he went and what date. 
 I created on of these online and it look so cool!


I can't wait to add to this and see all the other places he goes! Plus I can ask him for cool scenic pictures of all the views he gets to see so I can kind of experience it with him haha!

Anyway that's all for now my lovelies! Hope this post portrayed my thoughts and ideas for my future home..

All my love, 






No comments:

Post a Comment