Tuesday 19 January 2016

How to throw a British style welcome home party..

This idea came to me when thinking about what kind of parties I would post on my blog, I always wanted my blog to be beauty, events, fashion and army relationships. Part of my relationship is deployments and distance so obviously I want something nice for Nathan to come too. As soon as I get the chance to throw him a welcome home party I will because he honestly deserves it he works so hard to provide for me and our future family. So here are my ideas for throwing a British themed welcome home party...


So some of my ideas are gonna have American flags etc because Pinterest is very low on the British homecoming posts but I did find a few pieces when searching British party decor. I am totally in love with the kind of British bunting and Victoria sponge cake style parties which I think would perfectly work for a homecoming party.

The food...

With all my themed parties I think that going the extra mile to do themed food makes it really look good. Starting with a classy British flag Victoria sponge cake with a flag on top and matching cookies. A bucket of 'battle chips' and cute jelly and ice cream British puddings with the matching flags give that extra effect.


Instead of the red white and blue theme, similar to the army themed party with army themed food including cake bombs, army camouflage cupcakes and a battlefield style chocolate cake decorated with a sweet trench and army men.

A cake...
Every celebration needs a cake, so alongside the British theme and the army theme which could go together well anyway I chose 4 cakes which could work perfectly!



Overall, I love both second images on the right from each style. I think one is fun and quirky and the other just looks really yummy! I love how you can see the layers and what it is made up from.

Decorations..
The first style of decor is from my British ideas I love how they are classic British tea party ideas I know not very manly but it looks so nice with the cakes and it shows British pride. Compared to the army style which are pictures from army party decor section, I love the ideas i found and maybe a tent could work for the British style too! But any style needs a big sign saying 'welcome home!




Well that's all for now I hope you enjoyed this post my lovelies! I will definitely be uploading my picture when I finally get to throw a homecoming party!

All my love,


No comments:

Post a Comment