Friday 15 January 2016

Throwing an army themed adult/kids party...

Let's put one thing out there, I am the BIGGEST kid going. So when I was thinking about how I wanted to incorporate my job and Nathan's job and what a better way to show it, now I'm 100% sure that mine and Nathan's little ones especially if we have a boy will want an army themed party. So maybe I am a little overly patriotic or proud of my fiance's job but oh well this looked awesome so without further ramblings here are some ideas of how to throw an army themed party...


Starting with the food...

So probably one of the areas that you can get the most creative, with army cupcakes like the ones mentioned in my dream wedding post to grenade cake pops and camouflage popcorn. Below are a few images of my thoughts with ideas of layouts for the food tables...


I absolutely love the army men cupcakes which could easily be made as normal vanilla cupcakes with piped green icing and little army men stuck on, but make sure to tell people there not eatable army men first haha! 


Above are examples of table layout and the cool way to bring in camouflage scheme balloons and adding them onto the tables to eat at. My absolute favourite is probably the party favour bags as they are just so child friendly and unique.


Now a birthday party would not be right without an awesome cake! So here are some cool ideas for birthday cakes that keep with the scheme! Could even do the cool camouflage cake mix inside so its all out army camouflage.

Now for general army decor around the home/garden...


A mess hall/scoff house style set up?



I absolutely love the idea of crates/boxes and barrels sprayed with ARMY and AMMO and other things like the bottom middle image covered in cam net along with cute handmade army bunting around the garden and camouflage colour scheme balloons. I think something really unique would be the cool spray painted signs as it would give the garden the impression of a mini army camp set up.

Now one of my favourite things to do would be the sign showing where each interesting area of the garden is because what's a party without games.


Why not make a cool command post for the soldiers to hang out in or eat their food? apart from the flags maybe UK flags instead but this is an awesome idea which I would love to recreate but I'd probably need Nathan's help haha..


Here are some more simple ideas for decorations and just to add to that army theme...

Party Activities & Games..


So what would an army party be if there wasn't physical activities to do...


  • An obstacle course would be a good start with fake barbed wire crawling tunnels, to balancing beams and things to duck and dive under.
  • How about a firing range? with targets to shoot nerf guns at or water balloons? now that sounds like an army activity and whoever hits the target the best gets a prize, Healthy competition...
  • Next how about a makeshift bomb site with trenches made from crates or boxes covered in cam net that can be set up one facing the other for opposite teams to throw water balloons or nerf guns at.
So there are my ideas for an army themed party hope you enjoyed the read and seeing what I love to do for a job, all photos are from Pinterest my favourite site haha. Thanks for reading my lovelies!

All my love,



No comments:

Post a Comment