Tuesday 31 May 2016

May 2016 favourites

Obviously it is that time of the month again where I share with you my favourites of May, for a blogger to keep up with a favourites and having time to fit it in for 5 months straight along with a Primark haul every month as well is a huge achievement. This month I have tried a whole bunch of new things and purchased a lot of new homeware and clothing for me to try out. This month I actually have a whole lot more things in my 'OTHERS' category because I have made a lot of adjustments to my bedroom and also tried to do a lot more activities with Nathan before he goes to Germany in September. ENJOY!



Beauty

As usual this month I have made an effort to try new beauty products, because we all know when I say beauty I mean makeup because I am an addict. I have been loving the P.S PRO range from Primark and also a few MAC goodies which keeps the drugstore and high end lovers happy. As I have stated in the past I am both a high street and high end lover I'm not going to only ever wear MAC foundation or NARS because well that's just silly when there are some amazing products similar to them in drugstores like Boots and Superdrug. 


Mac's Vanilla Pigment £16
Maybelline Colour 24hr Tattoo in 'on and on bronze' £4.99 Boots

This month these two little products combined are my holy grail. I have been using the colour tattoo all over the lid and almost in the tear duct with a warm brown blended into the crease. It is honestly so perfect and I will be buying a new one of these soon as I am worried it will hit the bottom of the pot. This is super creamy and a gorgeous bronze with a shimmer coming through, without it being like diamond sparkly! This is honestly my favourite out of all my colour tattoo's as it super easy to use as you can just apply it with your finger and it is a simple colour to work with. In regards to the pigment, this was my first ever MAC pigment and it was the best choice I have ever made when buying from MAC. Described as a 'soft-ivory beige' it is pretty accurate as a white gold with warm undertones and a golden yellow sheen. This is a multi purpose product great for highlighting but for this look I use it on a tiny brush and dab it into the inner corner and it just makes my eyes pop. This has been my go to eye look all month and I LOVE IT!


Brush Egg £1.99 Amazon

So I originally bought this because it came with an oval makeup brush that are being raved about everywhere and before I spend £34 in MAC on a pro one I really wanted to try just a standard one and it's actually amazing! Anyway, the brush egg actually helps clean makeup brushes and it has honestly halved my brush cleaning time to around 15/20 minutes depending on my amount of brushes. 


PS. PRO Illuminating Primer £5
PS. PRO Longwear Mineralize Foundation £5

You know what I was super impressed by this range. I bought quite a few pieces from this range from lipsticks, lipglosses, and then base products like the ones above. I first bought the foundation and it hit me after a while that it actually smells like MAC Studio Fix Fluid maybe it is just me but it does it's the most gorgeous smell ever. It is longwear and rather full coverage you don't need a huge amount of product for this. I have honestly used this like most days of May since I bought this and buying the primer made things even better. This actually for me does what it says and illuminates the skin and works wonder when used with the foundation on top. My only downfall is the fact the tube isn't completely full of product as you can see from the way the light is shining on it but there is a lot. Anyway, this is in my good books this new range from Primark and I am honestly impressed. 


MAC Double Shot  Amplified Lipstick £15.50

I finally purchased my 10th MAC lipstick and it was my best choice as of yet. The only downfall when buying this lipstick was the girl in MAC she was like so unhelpful and like blunt that I couldn't be bothered with her. I have a list of like lip pencils and lipsticks I want to try out and I got a lip liner mixed up with a lipstick name and she really rude and bluntly said 'that's not a lipstick that's a lipliner' and I was like 'alright sorry' and tried to be friendly. I am honestly debating going back and complaining, because she was really rude in a way and secondly I don't think she has a clue of lipsticks shades because I wanted Stone originally and she denied there was such a colour but the official website says there is and I have seen other bloggers and Youtubers so about it. SO HA REBECCA! Anyway, this lipstick was the second on my list and it is described as a full bodied mocha cream and I do agree with this. Because I am pale it actually looks darker on me but I seriously love it.


Fashion

Fashion this month has consisted of more comfy attire I suppose as I have become more of a jeans and a top kind of girl rather than a skirt everyday like I used too. I am really enjoying at the minute wearing just jeans and a dressy top and like a kimono, sleeveless jacket/cardigan. It is such an easier look when I am either shopping and not worrying about my skirt blowing up which is the worst or even it being too short. I have become more confident in my style showing my arms which a super big thing as I never did that a year ago. 


Pep & Co Jeans £7 each

Call me whatever but my mum picked me these up to try as New Look jeans were always dead baggy on the lower leg for me so I was like 'merh I need to go jeans searching' so when my mum picked me these up I gave them a try and they honestly fit me perfectly. They really make my calves look good too so why should I complain. As I stated in my makeup comment I am not too high standard when it comes to clothes like I won't be kind of picky and say 'I ONLY SHOP AT TOPSHOP' because I am a bigger girl and there are some nice things in other shops. Sorry not sorry...


Khaki sleeveless trench coat £10 Primark

This is one of my favourite purchases recently, I literally set my eyes on it and thought 'I need to go back for that jacket' and I did. It fit me so perfectly and goes well with jeans and a top such as a cut shoulder top or a blouse. It comes to just above my knees as according to Nathan I have 'stumpy legs' because apparently 5'7 is small haha. Anyway, this is just my absolute favourite along with my tassel cardigan I bought recently which you can see below in the next post.



Tasselled clothing (both from Primark)

I have such a huge obsession with tasseled clothing at the minute from jackets like the kimono style cardigan above £9 and the tasseled burgundy t-shirt £6 which I am completely in love with. When your bored tassels are always something to keep you amused especially if you are me haha. I just think they add something to an outfit and especially with a lot of festival themes coming for the summer tassels are definitely not going out of fashion anytime soon.


Nike Free Runs £75 JD

I bought these maybe 2 years ago but I have recently come back to these and I love them. There is nothing worse than gym trainers that are heavy and hard to get on where as these fully support my feet. I bought new Nike ones recently but then I remembered how much I love these and how they feel like they are walking on air. I also think they are appealing visually especially the layer on top of the trainers that keep the laces in even though they don't need laces. Im guessing it is just for visual effect but me being the girly girl I am I love the pink and the grey mix.


Elephant jewellery Primark/Accesorize

As we all know if you have seen my blog recently I love elephants from jewellery, clothing, bears and homeware. So obviously my love for this big beautiful animal has progressed to my jewellery taste as I have hunted down pieces like the ones above. The two pieces in the middle are in fact from Accessorize with the bracelet in the brown thread for £5 and the necklace for £10 and they are so perfect and match together perfect. The two necklace on the left and right are from Primark with the left being £2 and the metallic tiny elephant necklace was just £1.50 and it probably my favourite of all 4 as it has copper elephants that is just perfection haha.

Other

As mentioned this month I have really tried to go out a lot more and enjoy a lot more things especially with Nathan as he is going to Germany for a month with work. It was originally 4 months over Christmas and New Year, a month or two around September so a month to me is just fine. Anyway, we have been taking a lot more walks around country parks and making an attempt out more on proper dates such as the cinema and the odd meal. As well as this I also have a few homeware favourites that I really love at the minute which makes this section of my favourites probably the largest yet haha.


Ice Cream Vans

Of course during our walks we treat ourselves to an ice cream, only of course on cheat day or when we have trained really hard at the gym. Honestly though who can pass up a 99 with a flake and raspberry sauce? I can't and they are even better a double cone with the blue sherbet those are just perfection. There is nothing nicer than holding hands with Nathan while his dog Bertha runs around in the rivers and down all the trails while we eat ice cream. It may sound very picturesque but in those moments things are just peaceful and we are super happy, I always cherish moments like that just because I never know when Nathan will be here. But hey ice cream just tastes really yummy, I can't help having such a sweet tooth...


Holographic travel bag £4 Primark

During my recent Primark haul I picked up this little beauty. Think mermaid magic and shiny this bag is just a complete dream, it carries all my makeup and my necessities like deoderant and my shower products. I was looking for a while for something like this as I have a see through one but when you need to hold 'woman things' then you don't want a see through bag exactly so this is perfect and it's just GORGEOUS! This is honestly so big and for the price I had no problem paying it as I know it will last me a while, plus it is perfect for mine and Nathan's holiday.


Flamingo light £10 Primark

I was having the hardest time deciding between this one and the copper pineapple light that they had in. However, I thought that because I already have a lot of pineapple decor in my room and very little flamingo pieces so this was perfect. Once I had found the perfect set up for it I was completely in love with how well it lit up my room and also it made my room look so summery and tropical. As I mentioned in a previous blog post about trends I am currently in love with no one is really sure why flamingoes, pineapples and palm trees are popular clearly something to do with the thought of being on a beach somewhere hot rather than stuck at a desk. 


Ombre pineapple picture frame £4.99 New Look

Rolling on with the pineapple theme this picture frame just jumped out at it, it is literally so detailed and I intend to put a picture of me and Nathan inside or me and my mum. I'm not 100% sure yet but it literally just makes me think of summer and it fits perfectly into my room as my room is a lot of pastel colours such as white and pink. The geometric aspect of the frame is so appealing to me as I love geometric patterns and the realistic aspect of the leaves on top makes it all that more cute.


Cactus picture holder £1 Primark

This was also featured in my recent Primark haul as I was super happy Primark started doing a range of cactus homeware. I literally snatched this up without checking the price but was even happier knowing it was a pound as I needed something to hold my favourite polaroids in without sticking them to a wall or a board. I just love this as it adds some bright colour to my room without being anything too brash, it looks after my pictures perfectly so I can look at that cheesy grin everyday. 


Sea Salt & Lavender candle £4 Primark

After finding out this little beauty smells very similar to the mystery smell I always smelt when visiting Hollister I went mad for this candle scent. I have a smaller version of this candle on my vanity desk and it is almost gone so I thought for £4 this was such a bargain because it is HUGE! It just smells so good and fresh, that is my all time love when looking for scents such as body sprays, perfumes and candles. If it smells fresh there is a chance I will love it, I suppose it comes from loving the smell of men's aftershave and stuff like I find it a really comforting scent. This month I was burning the smaller version of this candle none stop so with a 60 hour burning life this should last be a whileeeeee...


Candle basket £7.99 TK Maxx

Linking to my love for candles I have a basket on my shelf holding my favourite films such as Beauty and the Beast and The Hunger Games series. However, this basket is used more for my bigger candles such as my Yankee Candles and my copper candle I bought recently from Home Bargains. I loved this idea after I saw this on a Youtuber's room tour so I wanted to place my stray candles somewhere special like in a basket. I love this little copper shopping basket that I bought from TK MAXX and it was originally holding my lanterns but after a move around my bedroom this became the perfect place for my candles. I just found this really sweet and visually pleasing as I have a lot of copper baskets in my room that hold things so this was a cute take on a simple idea. 



Cinema Dates

Coming up to another activity that me and Nathan tried a lot more in May, Cinema Dates! We saw two films this month 'Xmen Apocalypse' and 'Captain America : Civil War' I actually really enjoyed both if I am honest. Both were obviously Nathan's idea as he did see 'The Hunger Games : Mockingjay Part 2' for me in November so I am obviously making up for it now haha. I just love having some bonding time with Nathan even though he jokes around hogging the popcorn and I end up resting my head on him it is just a really nice moment. A little bit of honesty for you all, before I met Nathan I was terrified of cinema's and going to watch films as it is a dark room with people I don't know that's how I saw it. On our second date me and Nathan went to see 'The Maze Runner' to try and get me out of my bubble so this was perfect and ever since I have enjoyed cinemas more. Before this however, I was like 'no I am not going to see an action film that is so boring' but I have actually watched American Sniper, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Captain America: Civil War, Xmen Apocalypse and Deadpool which to me are all action/super hero films which bored me before. I suppose it is kind of watching a film to make your partner happy because they will happily watch one for me so Cinema Dates have been fun for me this month.



The Strain

Nathan actually introduced me to my TV favourite this month, we began watching this earlier this month maybe end of April early May and I was hooked. I found it so fascinating when Nathan said 'it's like zombie vampires' and I was a little sceptical so watching the first episode I was fully fixed. I am one of them girlfriends that has to ask questions to know I am understanding fully but Nathan most of the time is more than happy to tell me if I missed something or misunderstood. I just love this show as I am a huge fan of other shows like The Walking Dead, CSI and Dexter. I cannot wait to start watching Season 2 because knowing the time I finish Season 3 will have aired then I have another series to keep up on. I mean if it has taken me six years to start watching Pretty Little Liars I was just a little late for this one haha.

Well that is all my lovelies for this month, really hope you enjoyed and feel free to let me know what your favourites for this month are.

All my love, 





No comments:

Post a Comment