Wednesday 24 February 2016

Interior Design Inspiration...

Along with my love for beauty, makeup and other girly things I have a passion for interior design. I always think since I turned 20 I strayed from childish things to cosy pyjamas, home interiors and decorating. I still love my makeup and beauty but I have this obsession with looking at home interiors and really classic and clean layouts. Me and Nathan have always decided I will decorate our home and he can have a games room until little babies come along. So I have spent time looking at Pinterest and We Heart It for inspiration and I want to share that with you...


I intend to do each in sections as I have done little collages of each main room such as kitchen,bedroom and the mighty MAN CAVE! So I seriously hope you all enjoy this because I loved looking for rooms and inspiration, it definitely expresses my style. 


Main Bedroom 


I am a huge fan of light colours white, cream and pastels and for my bedroom I would a light coloured bedroom I don't think dark colours work in a bedroom they are so harsh and bad for vibes I think so I would love a unisex bedroom not tonnes of pink or blue but each side of the bed custom to whoever's side it is. I really want it to be comfy but clean like I hate mess like clothes everywhere, I just think clean and tidy not cluttered is a lot nicer.

Kitchen


When I think about a future kitchen I would love a chalkboard wall, they are gorgeous for writing cute messages or general shopping lists. A long with a general pastel colour theme with hints of copper, I really just want a kitchen that blends together well and is somewhere I want to spend time with a possible window seat/bench.

Dining Room


I do have high expectations for my future home but in all honesty what's the point in having low standards. Nathan is just like 'Zoe decorate the house as you like' because he knows how happy it makes me, so I'd rather have a beautiful home where I try new decor and interiors than a crappy home covered in shit all the time. Anyway, this is my kind of idea for a dining room very clean and crisp with hints of fur and a simple colour scheme.

Lounge/Living Room


So in regards to a living room/lounge I really want like a corner unit I just think they are easier and I don't intend to have tonnes of people roaming in my house so they can sit in the floor haha EVIL! I love to sit on the floor so no worries, but I loved the simple colour scheme of this I do like grey so grey could work with simple coloured scheme cushions. I like the idea of a big fluffy rug with a white table on top that has matching coloured flowers on which match the cushions. 

Nathan's man cave...


Onto the MAN CAVE! Nathan is obsessed with a few things in life such as the Avengers, Batman, Star Wars and his playstation. I have seen big canvas before with The Avengers and Star Wars on before so they would look amazing! Overall, I just want him to have a room he can be a little childish in while it looking pretty cool and fun. 

Nursery (eeeeek so cute!)


So obviously I want a little nursery for the baby Darcy's that come along and I think this would be my perfect room to decorate. I love the look of the little tent/teepee with the garland tassel and just the simple colours and especially the little library of books. So excited to finally be able to decorate a nursery for my own children because I would honestly try to give them the best in life. 

Army Interior decor

Finally, I have said this a million and one time but I want to incorporate long distance and the army into my home. Maybe with a map in the kitchen showing where Nathan has been or where we have been on vacation or where Nathan is at the minute. Along with cute time change clocks and quote plaques and pillows. I think it would just put a cute and personal touch on our family home.

Well that is my room inspiration for the minute and what I am thinking of for the future Nathan and Zoe home, hope you all enjoyed the read!

All my love,


No comments:

Post a Comment