Tuesday 23 February 2016

My go to makeup products...

I must be on a roll because I am full of ideas at the minute for blog posts and DIY projects haha, I have been meaning to put up on here my favourite products or everyday products for a while. Some of these are recent go to products in the past months or products I have used for years, so I am SUPER excited to share these with you all....


Starting with face products such as foundation, concealers and powders.


So these products are a mixture as I stated starting with Bourjois Healthy mix foundation (Vanilla Clair) £9.99, I love this foundation it is full coverage doesn't take a lot for a flawless look and is an all around winner with a classic scent. I was debating between this and the serum and I chose this and have loved it ever since. I have been through two bottles in two years due to the fact I have a lot of foundations and this is one of my everyday foundations. 

Next to this is my MAC Studio Fix Fluid (NW10) £22, it is said to have medium- build able coverage but I think it does a great job of creating an even base. The scent of this is completely different to any other foundation but it's so nice! I use this on special occasions and when I am going on special dates with Nathan as I want to look nice, it is comfortable and long wearing with an SPF of 15 not to mention it has skin condition treatments which is something I need as I have oily skin most of the time. 

Onto my concealers, surprisingly these are two new concealers for me. I love the collection concealer like most makeup lovers but everyone knows they are good. However, I wanted to include two that were drugstore and high end. The Avon Ideal Flawless Cream Concealer (Fair) £7 is amazing for covering imperfections and I have found recently works so well for sharpening my brows. A lightweight concealer that covers under eyes with creasing and brightens the look of the under eye area, blending seamlessly to look light and and natural. Onto Nars Creamy Concealer (Chantilly) £22.50, I received this for my 20th birthday and have not looked back! It is unreal for covering blemishes and when I run out I will 100% repurchase, perfect for all skin types it has a smooth texture and is build able with a pigmented colour. 

Finally onto the powders, starting with MAC Margin Blush £18.50 I received this also with my Nars concealer. This is highly pigmented with a slight shimmer through the blush and perfect for a healthy glow. I love to wear this when I feel like cheek colour as sometimes I just have a bronzed look with contour and highlight. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder £2.99 (Bodycare) apart from my Mac powder this is my everyday savour and I 100% use this everyday, for someone with oily skin this really does work and makes my face matte for several hours before I have a slight touch up. So the final products works well on it's own but I find used a wet brush sprayed with  MAC Fix+ £17 the Makeup Revolution Highlighter (Pink Lights) £3 looks unreal combined! I also have this in peach lights and it looks just as good. For a drugstore highlight priced at £3 this is unbelievable and so worth the money.



Next up eyes, from a range of products such as eyeshadows, primers and mascaras.

So this consists of three palette's a primer/paintpot and a mascara and they are all unreal! Beginning with the Soap & Glory Lid Stuff (What's Nude) £10. this is an all around winning nude palette. Consisted of two light shades and two browns with one of them being a shimmer, this works so well with the eyeshadow being shown in my Mac Palette and is my everyday eye look. 

Secondly, MAC jest eyeshadow £10 (top left) a warm champagne colour with plenty of shimmer this eyeshadow is perfect for the centre of the lid and inner tear duct. As I mentioned it looks so perfect with the Lid Stuff and I can happily wear this everyday, I am fully debating buying this as a single eyeshadow in the case or a 2 pan palette with two jest's in because I am terrified it will run out hahaha. 

The only primer in this section is the Maybelline Eyestudio Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow  in Creme De Nude £4.99, this is honestly a dupe for the MAC paint pot in soft ochre and I use it daily as a primer for my eyeshadow. I also own soft ochre and I can say it is honestly the same and is a quarter of the price of a paint pot. Along with this is the Soap & Glory Thick & Fast HD Mascara £10.50, I love this when I don't want to use the Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara. It makes my lashes look exactly how it says Thick, and is super pigmented. I cannot say I have seen it run even when I am at the gym or anywhere else so it is super long wearing.

Finally, we get to my largest palette the Urban Decay Naked 3 £34. Complete with 12 rose - heud nuetral eyeshadow shades and a double ended brush. This gives the ability to choose from shimmering pinks to glittery blacks but most of all it reminds me of my favourite metallic shade rose gold/ copper and this was my first Urban Decay palette. I use this alot of the time and treat it along with my other Urban Decay palettes as my baby. So wearable and stunning! 


So finally onto lips, a combination of lipsticks, lip crayons and lip pencils. 

So I do love MAC a lot but I also included two drugstore lip products as some of the drugstores do have amazing colours sometimes better than MAC. Starting with MAC Whirl lipstick £15.50, I have spoke about this lipstick already a tonne but it is my favourite!! It's funny to think that I didn't like the colour at first and now I wear it everyday and always get complimented about it. Onto the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet (Don't pink of it) £8.99, bolding lasting with 24hr hold this dries quickly and very little is needed for a strong lip look. I like to use this as an undertone with Whirl to create the dark pink look I am searching for. 

Now the lipliners, Mac's lipliners in Spice & Plum £12.50 each, are my babies! Both dark with different lip looks these lipliners are unreal. I also love Rimmel lipliners and Essence but these are just addictive in collecting. They can also be used as a all over lip look not just to make the lips look fuller, I use a Maybelline Baby Lips to soften the lips or a Lush Lip scrub and then have a soft but full lip look.

Now this is a surprise for lip favourites, the P.S Primark Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayon in L.Brown £2.50. this colour is a mix between a pinky brown and reminds me some what of Whirl. The price of this unreal and Primark have utterly shocked me even though I use there eyebrow powder most days as well. Definitely worth trying! 

So those are my go to makeup products, hope everyone enjoyed the read because I loved writing this and explaining why I love these products! 

All my love,  


No comments:

Post a Comment