Thursday 25 February 2016

The league of evil army women...

So I have not done a post about one of my main blog factors in a long time. I wanted this to have a funny but honest twist on probably the worst thing about an army relationship... THE WOMEN! From partners, family or randomers there is always a crafty woman around the corner that is like HEEEEEEEEEY! and I'm thinking 'no no get back in your box'. I am rarely catty or mean spirited but when things bug me things bug me and I have to be honest. So let's go...


So I have experienced two years of being around an army environment and I have made mental notes of nasty or as the title says 'evil' behaviour. I think I see this more with the partners or girlfriends because WOW! I thought wanting to see a 'what's in my bag' was nosey these girls want to see what's in your shower, your knicker draw and your fridge. I have met a handful of Nathan's colleagues partner and some are awesome and so lovely like one of them is such an amazing friend to me and gives me so much advice. However, I have met some awful women! I don't say names but women that are so nosey and close-minded it makes you want to physically scream. 

As someones fiance/girlfriend you know your partner better than anyone, you know what makes them happy/sad/grumpy/irritated so when you say to someone 'just leave him alone he needs space' don't ignore that and go against it. Nathan had just got off a nine hour flight from Canada he had jet lag, he just wanted his fiance (girlfriend at the time) and his family. Well this one particular woman was pestering Nathan even during his deployment to purchase something off her, she messaged me constantly like 'hi how are you' then BAM 'when is Nathan giving me the money blah blah'. Eventually it got that old that I said 'SACK IT! I don't want them anymore' and Nathan told her that when she messaged him at four in the morning asking him. She actually had the cheek to slate him to me.. well I wasn't having it so I kicked off, told her not to slate my fiance and don't talk to us. 

I just don't like when people don't listen to me especially when I am right. Second up! The 'hierarchy'. I class this as women putting other women's husband down, all because there husband gets more money or a better job title but it doesn't make them a nice person. So this comes from women of sergeants or corporals and when they meet you they are like 'OH well my husband is a sergeant you wouldn't understand because Nathan is only a blah blah blah..' You know that condescending thing. It honestly puts people of that guys partner and makes her look like she loves power from her husbands job title SAD! 


So something that drives me mad but is not about army partners is about those long lost relatives that are so over proud just to brag to friends they have a cousin twice removed that's in the army. It's normally women that do this, they love a man in the army but it's purely to brag to friends 'my nephew is in the army' but do they ever speak to their nephew NOPE! 

Along with nosey partners comes the patronising randomers that normally come from your partners side, they have an opinion that is probably condescending and bitchy but they think their entitled to announce it. Whether there saying you haven't been together long enough or your not ready for such a grown up step (when they are the EXACT same age as you). It always comes to mind why mine and Nathan's choice are anyone else's business and from people who we never bother with... 


Now their is something called a 'title liver' these are the women who use their husbands job title as part of their own name to show a sense of power. For instance, MRS SERGEANT WILSON maybe they think if they announce there title to everyone they can get 5% of at KFC or something like hey discount. 

Now the last two kinds of women I want to explain drive me INSANE! the 'one-uppers and the over advice givers'. Starting with the one-uppers these are women that are always saying things like 'you've only been together two years I've been with Steve 9 years and had seven kids one after the other and been through 97 deployments and plenty of training exercise, and I've been shot' you'll find they are very patronising too because they have been through SOOOOOO much worse...

The advice givers however, have seen and done it all and are subtle one-uppers 'well I have been through a lot like the 6 month deployments but I would honestly get a hobby to pass the time'. At first it isn't too bad until their messaging you at two in the morning with the stupidest and weirdest advice that you couldn't care less about. 


But through it all the 'league of evil army women' are bare able when you have a utility belt of tools like batman to keep the crazies at bay, a cuddle from your soldier and lots of good memories to out way the bad. 

Hope this post made you all have a giggle, I genuinely think there is a league of evil army women they are out there BEWARE! 

Anyway my lovelies as usual. 

All my love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment