Tuesday 16 February 2016

My Valentine's day....

So I had a very lovely day with Nathan my very handsome fiance on Valentine's day, about 2 weeks before I decided I really wanted to go to the zoo and Nathan suggest Blackpool Zoo for a Valentine's day activity so I was super happy! I decided for my blog I would document mainly the Zoo trip because it was amazing and I got to see my favourite ever mammal the ELEPHANT! So here goes...


We decided that it was probably a good idea the night before if I stayed over at his as we had to leave at 9 as the zoo opened at 10, and we wanted to pick up breakfast on the way there. So after our lovely sausage and egg mcmuffin from Mcdonald's we made it to the zoo dead on 10. I was like seriously amazed when I seen a turtle the size of like a car it was huge and I still think it might have been fake it was that big! 


So in the Small Primates section we seen some beautiful animals, I'm not 100% on the name of this specific one but we found it funny how it blocked the door so it could sunbathe haha.


Next we went onto seeing the big cats, there were 3 beautiful Amur tigers one was a female called Alyona and her mate Zambar with one of their 2 babies Barney. When we first got to the enclosure they were asleep and the top image shows how the two who I'm hoping are the two mates are 'arm in arm' haha. They were honestly stunning and Alyona was used in the live feeding talk they are truly fascinating and beautiful creatures.


So next to the tigers in a smaller enclosure were the meerkats which I loved, if you've seen the video on facebook of the meerkat stood up shouting 'Allen Allen' then you can see why I thought this was funny but they were truly adorable.


Onto the truly most beautiful cats I have ever seen were the lions. There were two lions in this part the grown male lion called Wallace (brilliant name) and his recently born cub in 2015 called Khari. Khari was so sweet and wanted to constantly play with his dad. It amazed me seeing how big he was and how fast he had grown in a year..


Next we visited the Bornean Orangutans I'm not too sure which one is the one in the picture but they consisted of 4 Orangutans I'm thinking the one in the pictures was Ramon the only male. There was also Vicky the oldest female and her two daughters Cherie and Summer. They were so amazing to see how much they relate to humans even if their a little hairer haha


Blackpool zoo had a group of female giraffes which were so interesting to look at. You never really realise how big they are until you see them up close but there coats were so beautiful and I had a sneaky stroke of one when it stuck it's head up to the fence but the nice keeper said it was okay haha.


From a young age I loved zebras purely because they began with Z. These were Hartmanns zebra's and they seemed to have a baby in the enclosure. I don't know what it was but looking at the coats made me so interesting because i love the patterns and how shiny and well kept the keepers keep them.


We then visited the Wallaby's along with the red kangaroo's. There was one that you can see on the bottom right picture on the far right that kept bouncing around and into the facing field. It literally just bounced past me and Nathan. I don't think it's clear but the one in the left picture the greyish one on the right had a baby joey in her pouch that kept popping its head out I was completely in love me and Nathan must have watched them for around 15 minutes.


Onto Nathan's favourites! The Iberian Wolves, I was utterly excited about these as we stood there discussing which was the alpha,omega and beta (complete Teen Wolf nerds) but they were so beautiful! There was one however that was wondering around near the bottom of the enclosure and it made me really sad. The enclosure was named Wolf Ridge and was on the outskirt of the zoo with a high ramp to see down on the wolves, these wolves are infact led by the alpha male and the female. Then leading onto the second in command the beta wolf and the lowest ranking the omega wolf.


The water based animals at the zoo were amazing, especially the penguins. These were Magellanic penguins originating from South America  specifically Chile, Argentina and the Falkland Isles. As you can see from the pictures there was one cheeky little penguin that wanted to get a closer look at us and liked to do a little drying off dance which consisted of a little wiggle. I loved these they are so graceful and cute.


We then visited the sea lions at around 2:00 and watched there display. There were 10 sea lions but only 3 were used for the show, these were a 3 year old names Ruby a 9 year old called Anya and her sister the oldest Gina who was 13. They were so well trained and funny and Ruby was rather cheeky she wanted to do everything her mum and auntie were doing so she felt the need to come over her rock every time the other two did.



Got a lovely panorama aswell of the pool and a cheeky selfie with my handsome soldier.


AND FINALLY! My personal favourite the Asian elephant! The one we met was called Kate and she was the only elephant they had as the others were from a circus which sadly died. However Kate was rather cute and loved to see her picking up food with her trunk. I can't wait to see the elephant enclosure when they do it up and bring in more elephants which is what the speaker Amanda said was going to happen.


AND of course we took some selfies!



Once we finished at the zoo we went back to Nathan's to get ready for our meal as we decided to go to our favourite restaurant Chopsticks. They decided to do a special candle lit night which was lovely especially for couples.




AND FINALLY! Me and Nathan did get each other a few things for Valentine's I was totally shocked by what he got me as it was utterly perfect and I spent weeks on his gift a customised Star Wars box with matching Star gifts and his favourite food and drink!



Mine from Nathan including an Fujifilm Instax mini 8 polaroid camera,flowers to match my room and a bag full of bath bombs including unicorn horn, Avobath and Rose bath bomb! Not to mention a very special card my first saying Fiance along with two bears one from the Zoo as my favourite animal the Elephant who I have name Oscar and two bears that are now called Barney and Anna! 


Nathan's consisted of Koppaberg 4 pack in Starwberry and Lime, his favourite food Sensations crisp and Haribo Strawberry laces. A stormtrooper pillow, Jean Paul Gautier aftershave and a thermal changing Kylo Ren Mug. 


I honestly had the most amazing day as our first Valentine's as an engaged couple, and cannot wait for our get away for our year and half anniversary! Anyway I know this was a little rushed but I hope you enjoyed my lovelies! 

All my love, 




No comments:

Post a Comment