Thursday 14 April 2016

Bedroom Features...

We know I love homeware and interior design it's pretty much a main feature of my blog as I make some of my own pieces especially marble and copper. I always look around my room and think 'that makes me happy, that is pretty, I really like that piece I'm glad I bought/made it' so I compiled a list of some of my favourites pieces and hopefully I can remember where i bought them and their prices, also if they are a DIY. So my little lovelies ENJOY!



So a biggy for me recently was buying this gorgeous copper bin/basket from B&M's for £5.99 it was just so perfect and when I took the picture the flash really made it's colour vibrant and beautiful. I debating getting two one for rubbish one for clothes but I didn't want dirty clothes in my room and honestly I just wanted another because this was pretty. Pretty sad to be honest but yeah this was a total bargain and worth the price.


Something that has become more and more appealing to me is the use of succulents mainly fake ones. I just think they add colour and maturity to a room. I buy a lot of mine from B&M's and places like that the ones in the picture are actually from a little flower stall near the starbucks and Primark in Manchester Piccadilly and they were like £5 for both with pots. Super cute and I love how unique they are and spikey but not sharp they look adorable with a copper candle in the middle.


I mention my tassel garland A LOT but when it looks this cute why not?! So I made this from a Youtube video and for the tissue paper it came to around £4 as I already had string and each packet of tissue came with around 5 to 10 pieces so I have a lot. It fits perfectly with my colour scheme in my room of like green,white, pink and copper and the addition of gold just make it really girly and feminine. I love tassel garlands as they add something creative and quirky to a space like this one does above my window.


This geometric tea light was featured in my holiday homeware haul and I was using it for a candle but I decided to move things around and I decided to put my lipliners and Primark lip crayons in here as it right where I need it. I was looking everywhere including Amazon for one of these tea lights but they were all like £10/15 and I couldn't justify it so when I seen this one in New Look for £7 I was like yes you are mine!


A great way to DIY a space with a bit of shopping flare is to use shopping bags as decoration. My first ever Victoria's Secret bag and a Valentine's day Pandora bag were perfect for this as I had seen it all over Pinterest and We Heart it. A lot of my friends say they love this and the little geometric copper tea light from Home Bargains for £3.99 really added something special and combined my love for pink, white and copper.


Also featured in my holiday homeware haul was this little pink marbled tray I bought in a charity shop for £1.99. I mean for that price it was perfect and I knew I wanted to put jewellery and either a plant or a jar on it but it just looks perfect on the edge of my desk. The plant was actually from Dunelm for £2.99 as I bought it recently along with a tiny jar. But anyway this tray is one of my favourites because of the effect on it as it really looks marble-esque.


A recent DIY for me was this marble effect jar, I created this by removing the label from a Dolmio jar and using the nail polish and water technique and rolling the jar into it. I will be featuring this in a future DIY post as it is easy and so effective and a great way to combined colours. Also in this picture is my water colour Z that I originally purchased as a normal brown Z for £2 at Hobby Craft and painting onto it in a patchy effect in just normal watered down mixed paint. Both fit in well as I used purple, white and pink and they are so gorgeous!



Okay next up is my photograph collection, I use this a lot to decorate the back of my shelves. So all my pictures and framed quotes that I had I put against my wall and then placed my copper LOVE lights in front of them and honestly it looks so cute. It's just like pictures and quotes that mean the world to me so it made sense to place my lights there.


So I am a big pillow freak and I buy that many that are all different but they just make me happy. I am a big fan of the New Look cushions and Primark ones like the elephant and the heart shaped one. I am so in love with my Z pillow as I just love personalised stuff. I just really think pillows make a bed look classy and especially when they are special to you as a person as I love elephants and pretty cushions that are sparkly,frilly or floral.


So as I said I love pictures and things so I ordered a whole packet of polaroids from LALAB an online picture app. They were honestly amazing quality and I could caption them all so I gave some as present for christmas in cards and things. I picked up the cute little plaque as well from Primark for around £1.50 and when I was making my tassel garland I has a few tassels left over so I hung them on my door to add some more colour. I just love how cute this looks as it some of my favourite memories with Nathan and my family and the quote just really adds a personal touch along with the garland.


Like the above post I also have polaroids hung on my computer as I also have a polaroid camera (£65) which is one of my favourite gifts of Nathan. I just love these as they are rather small and just add a cute little memory decoration as I call them. I also have one of these in my purse to remind me of Nathan as they are all dated so I keep track of my bestest guy.


Along with my love for just general pretty decor is a need to display my Lush products. So I keep all mine in a large copper fruit basket (£3.99 Home Bargains) as my cake stand began to rust and I wanted something new. This just looks so cute and simple and makes my window sill look so colourful and I always get the nicest smell of Lush when I walk in my room. It is honestly such a good idea to try out..


AND last but not least is a piece I have spoke about before my zig zag print pouffe, I wanted a pouffe for so long and when I seen this one I loved the print and how small it was. I knew instantly it would look super cute next to my computer desk and I can also put cute things on it. For £12.99 from B&M's this was totally worth it because let's be honest IT IS SO CUTE!

Well that is all my lovelies for this post, feel free to comment and let me know your favourite homeware/bedroom pieces!

All my love,



No comments:

Post a Comment