Friday 29 April 2016

April Favourites

It's that time of the month ago where I waffle on about my favourite beauty,fashion and a bit of homeware so if you want to see what I have been loving keep reading because this month I have loved a lot of new things especially in the beauty department. So my lovelies ENJOY!

 So at the start of this month I bought a few new products to try out and after giving them a fair review I decided to add two of them to my favourites for this month. Starting with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair, this is super good coverage and so creamy. For £4.19 this is so worth and is actually highly raved about online from beauty bloggers to Youtubers and everyone in between. Next up a newby for me is the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm £5.95, I had heard amazing things about this that it made makeup stick to your face like glue and it was just amazing. After about a week of testing this I can confirm the rumours and I love this stuff it smells awesome as well which is a bonus. A fond old favourite of mine is the Urban Decay Naked Palette £38.50 I love the shades in this as they are all warm nuetrals. I love to use a matte colour like Naked in the creased with Sin on the lid and Sidecar on the outer part of the lid. Finally, I have took a fond liking to the Mac Mineralize Skin Finish £24 in Soft and Gentle as it has a warm shimmer to it and is the most gorgeous highlight. This is a compacted powder highlight with a frosted metallic finish, Mac describes it as a 'gilded bronze peach' but a champagne tint is apparent. This suits many skin tones but as a pale pale pale girl a little goes a long way. 


Next up I have been LOVING the Primark PS Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayon £2 each I think these are so pigmented and just feel really nice the word Velvet is a perfect description. They have such a wide range of colours but I am more of a pink/brown nuetrals kind of girl, I just believe I don't suit reds and like purples so these are in my comfort zone for me. At first I wasn't sure about browns like dark browns but I have really come round to them and I really enjoy them now. Anyway, these are amazing as well as the lipliners and for £1/2 definitely worth a try. 



Talking about lip products I have been loving this little lip combo starting with the Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses lipliner in Cappuccino £2.99 but once combined with Mac Viva Glam II £15.50 gives the best full lip look I have tried in a while. The lipstick is described as a pinked mauve/muted pink-beige with shimmer and it is so beautiful. I love these two together they are perfect and so soft I also like the ombre this lip look the the Primark Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayon in Brown and it makes my lips look so big as I have naturally small lips. 






Recently I have been loving these sleeveless knee length jackets especially with a rolled sleeve t-shirt, jeans and Timberlands. I have three of these the khaki one above (Primark £7), a burgundy one and a grey and I just love them for a super easy casual look as I have a massive issue with showing my bum. It's really weird but I just like having a baggy top covering it or a jacket haha (weight issues haha) but anyway these are just super cute and go with anything.


Next up is patterned socks like the ones above I just love things with patterns all over and cute things like animals mainly elephants. These were all from New Look and mentioned in my Spring Sales post but they just make me super happy.


I have been loving Pep&Co jeans a lot recently, for £7 a pair these are awesome I have 3 pairs a darker blue which are currently in the wash but I love them so so much. They are comfortable go with anything and just for the price you can't complain. As I am loosing weight I don't spend a tonne on clothes because I wanna be able to spend more money on nicer clothes when I am around 2/3 stone lighter I have already lost 5 stone so I am almost there. Anyway, back to the jeans yeah I love them I want to buy some to rip the knees on because I think they could look really cute.



I bought this jewellery stand recently in a shop called Thunder Egg in Manchester, when I saw it I was instantly in love and for £16.50 it was utter perfection. This could work without jewellery as an ornament but the colours work perfectly with my room and it is just completely stunning. 


Next up is my Lush fruit bowl, so this works wonders for me in so ways I get to display all my favourites and its like a room air freshener so I love it. This is a favourite for me as I add a few new pieces to my bowl this month like Intergalactic and Yuzu & Cocoa shower gel so the smells in my room are so nice and soothing. I sometimes just stick my head in the bowl just to have a calming smell I know I'm odd haha. 


I bought this candle from Primark for £3.00 purely for the jar as it is adorable and so modern and pretty. I love the little cork but my reason for putting it in my favourites was the smell it is so clean and fresh and I love fresh scents so I have burned this a lot this month.


I made this tray as a little DIY with marble contact paper (£6 B&Q) but I love it. It looks seriously cute and I have loved this piece for the past month that's why it is a favourite. Especially blended with copper it works perfectly with marble and I am sure I will love this for the next few months. 


Finally, is this little bauble terrarium £6.50 from Oklahoma in Manchester. This is adorable and one of my top homeware favourites for the month, these look cute suspended from the ceiling but I keep this one on my desk on a little marbled tray with a DIY jar I made. I love how small and cute this is so it was definitely worth the price as I have seen them everywhere else for around £17.

Well that is all my lovelies for this month, feel free to let me know your monthly favourites in the comments I would love to hear them.

All my love, 





No comments:

Post a Comment