Monday 4 April 2016

March Favourites 2016...


Obviously it being a new month I have the traditional March favourites for you, a combination of makeup, fashion , television and homeware. I chose a wide range this month to give more variety and because I have been enjoying my tv and homeware more than anything else. OOPS ENJOY!


Make-up 


Soap & Glory Kick ass Concealer Boots £10

I was really unsure of this at first but after trying it out with a stippling brush it works a treat and covers my under eye really well! Described as a 3-piece camouflage kit this does exactly what it says by under eye brightening. It is well worth the money so I understand why it is £10 probably one of my most expensive drugstore concealers but it is seriously brilliant as it comes with setting powder also.


Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara Boots £10.50

So as I mentioned in my christmas haul I love the Soap and Glory big gift set because it comes with a lipgloss and a mascara as well as full sized products. This year they did this mascara in the set and honestly it does what it says on the packaging (which is also very beautiful). I now have long fluttery lashes and this is honestly my go to mascara.


Freedom Brighten Highlight Superdrug £3

Okay! So for me this highlighter only works one way with a damp brush either my avon makeup setting spray or MAC Fix+ which gives the most shimmery beautiful pay off. If I didn't use a damp brush I would literally be scrubbing at the product but I don't mind using a damp brush because these are just so beautiful and well worth the £3 price tag especially ass they have 3 different colours.


Avon makeup setting spray £6 
As mentioned in my above post I use this for dampening my brushes before I use a baked highlight or to set my makeup. I believe this does work rather well and smells incredible. It is very light on the face and does not makeup makeup sticky when setting so an absolute win for me.



MAC Brave Lipstick £15.50

I have ventured back into my pink toned lipsticks  this month as I promised myself I would not take 8 MAC lipsticks on holiday and not use them. However I noticed I began to swerve back towards my pink tones, they are just so wearable and gave me a pouty lip look which I strive for. Brave is described as a ''pink-beige with white pearl'' I think this is evident in the swatch above. I just found when lined with a brown toned lip liner my lips look fuller and more pouty so this was a massive win.


Mac Jest Eyeshadow £10
 

So this would  probably be up there with my favourites for shimmer eyeshadows I find I go to this a lot as an everyday eyeshadow. For instance a brown crease with a shimmer centre and tear duct. I already mentioned this palette but when creating it I chose a dark brown which for some reason looks black on the picture, a shimmer brown for out lid and a matte light shade for all over the lid. Jest was just the perfect addition as I can take just this palette away with me for a weekend and just live of it. I would describe jest as a pink toned champagne shade with a frost undertone it is so versatile and honestly one of my favourites. 

 
Garnier Moisture Matte (combination to oily) £3 ASDA
 
So for me this is a perfect mosturiser/primer for the skin as I feel it leaves my skin dewey but not oily. It smells lovely and is a bargain for the price as I have something similar from MAC for special occasions but this works just as good for everyday. I tend to buy 2 of these at a time so I have back ups but this has lasted me months already.



Zoeva Rose Gold Brushes £30

 
These were a gift for my 18th birthday I believe and they have lasted me such a long time. As I bought the face and eye set they do every single job I need from foundation,concealer, powder and eyeshadows. This was probably the beginning of my rose gold/copper craze but they were just so beautiful and work so so well.
 

Fashion
 

Adidas Stan Smiths £67
 
My fashion segment for this month starts of with these babies that I bought for my holiday. I was instantly drawn to these as they had a hollographic back that reminded me of mermaids. I debated for a while between these and some khaki ones but I thought 'aye lets live life like a mermaid' and that's exactly what I did. Anyway, they are super comfy and go with most outfits so I am super happy I splurged.
 


Ghd CURVE Soft Tong Gift Set £120
 
These were my big present at christmas but I suppose as they don't come under makeup they will have to be sorted into fashion. I love these as they are the biggest barrel and give me big curls which is something I love because I hate wrinklets or tight curls. I do think these are expensive but I seriously love these and they give me the best results for curls.
 


Bobble Hats £5 for the photographed one
 
So during my holiday it was that cold I debated a hat. I don't think I suit hats but I had a massive change of heart because they kept my head warm and my hair dry and they just looked really cute.
 


Loose oversized blouses £10 Primark
 
I have been venturing more with my clothes this month and found I like loose blouses with jeans preferably and my Timberlands.They make me feel a little more grown up but I like them plus I love loose tops and leggings so these are just so easy to wear and can be layered with with a cardigan or a jacket.
 

Television

 
Shadowhunters - The Mortal Instruments (Netflix)
 
I loved the books and the film so when I seen this on Netflix I had to watch it. It does do the books some justice and Clary (Katherine McNamara) and Jace (Dominic Sherwood) are unreal. I do sometimes just watch it for Jace as he is beautiful but this show is just brilliant and I seriously love it.
 
 
 
Pride + Prejudice + Zombies
 
I don't know what it is with zombie films but this is brilliant. It is slightly creepy/ slightly funny and all around action packed. Everyone basically fights each other and it's a good take on a classic novel. Seriously it is worth watching as I did say I loved The Scouts Guide To The Zombie Apocalypse last month so this month this is my new zombie film. I must say though it probably makes me a little weird that I love zombie films like this.. OOPS!


Homeware 
 

Plants/Cactuses
 
I have recently let my room become invaded by real plants/fake plants, spikey plants and many more after falling in love with terrariums. I swear every shelf/desk and window sill in my room features a plant of sorts. They just add colour and life to a room like the ikea cactuses shown above which were £4.50 for 3 which is awesome!!
 


Mermaid Off Duty Bottle £6.99 New Look
 
This bottle has helped me get back on track with my water intake it's rather sad honestly. I fill it up around four times a day because I literally cannot stop drinking. It's just really pretty and perfect for the gym as I fill up about 3 times in an hour and this is bigger than my normal Nike bottle so hopefully it saves me so time. YAAAAAY FOR PRETTY NEW LOOK BOTTLES!!
 
 


Copper Geometric Tea light £5.99 New Look
 
Another New Look beauty tomy collection. I picked this up during my holiday I pretty much grabbed it and clung to it because I needed it in my life and my mum knew it was meant for me. Haha I actually make it sound like a person, but this looks super pretty on my dresser burning one of the Primark French Vanilla candles. I just love geometric pieces like this and my other candle tealight super well done New Look for creating copper beauties!
 
Well that is all my lovelies for this months favourites, hope you enjoyed and feel free to comment your March favourites.
 
All my love,
 


No comments:

Post a Comment