Monday 11 April 2016

My top 5 foundations

So as this is my 70th blogpost I wanted to do something I haven't done for a while (I think). It took me a while because I have a few foundations so I  decided what coverage I love and which needs less concealer after it because I enjoy a full coverage foundation that isn't too heavy. Anyway I chose three drugstore foundations and two high end foundation as I tend to use my high end ones for special occasions and when I want my makeup to last ages. Anyway ENJOY!



Bourjois Radiance Revel Healthy mix Foundation £9.99 Boots

This has been a staple for me for around 2/3 years now, it is really high coverage and an average price for a drugstore foundation. This doesn't oxidize really it stays a simple colour and gives me a healthy glow with duey skin. This has lasted me forever because I do mix up my foundations a lot this is like my second bottle in around 2 years. I am lusting over more Bourjois foundations after trying this one as I am dying for the 123 foundation. 


NARS Sheer Glow Foundation £31 Selfridges

This is probably my favourite high end foundation alongside Studio Fix Fluid by MAC, I got this for my 20th birthday and it is amazing. At christmas my friends Amy and Sean got married and I wore this as I knew it would last all day. It help powder, concealer and bronzer without a problem and my contour always looks flawless with this foundation. It smells rather nice too because lets be honest ladies (and even gentlemen) no one wants a foundation that stinks. A lot of the cheaper drug store foundations have a horrid plastic smell which doesn't thrill me so I steer clear as I know even if I pay £9.99 it won't smell horrible. Anyway this stuff is like my baby and with some sleek packaging it completes it.


L'oreal Paris True Match Foundation £9.99 Boots

So if any of you have heard about this little beauty you will know it is raved about. This has lasted me ages and it is so light weight and to me doesn't oxerdize at all, it literally matches perfectly to my skin hence the name I guess duh. As you can see this has been well loved and will be purchased for many years to come. I wish I had this during school as you cannot clock someone wearing this because it is so natural looking and I barely need concealer with this apart from on my under eye and the odd spot or two. This is just a must have for a start makeup bag...


Mac Studio Fix Fluid £22 Selfridges

Onto my second high end foundation of this post, this was my first choice when I decided to do this post as it is such an amazing coverage and is probably my favourite foundation for coverage, smell, feel, and wearing time. Like I said I only use my high end foundations for special occasions because I know if I am taking pictures this is going to last through a full event/night. See my loved ones know they are loved when I will wear a foundation like this or my NARS ones for their birthday meals or something (that sounded so vein totally kidding). Anyway a lovely light weight foundation with a beautiful coverage and oil -controlling formula to matte the complexion. As I have oily skin this is perfect for me as it does the job and I do not need to touch up on my powder at all. 


L'oreal Paris Lumi Magique Foundation £10.99 Boots

If you want luminous and glowing skin this is perfect. I am all about light weight foundations so this is another that is just perfect. The newest foundation to my collection I don't know where I would be on a daily basis without this as it is build-able without caking and leaving the skin without looking dull or lifeless. Leaving the skin with ability to breath with 24 hours of hydration, I cannot say I have kept it on for 24 hours but it does last me all day with the odd powder touch up on my nose. Nonetheless still amazing.

Well that is all my lovelies for this post hope you enjoyed and let me know if you try any of these foundations out after reading this.

All my love, 



No comments:

Post a Comment