Sunday 24 April 2016

DIY Bedroom Decor

I honestly love doing this kind of post because it means I have made some lovely new pieces for my room and come across new techniques and methods to either upcycle a piece or make something out of nothing. I have spent a lot of time on Pinterest look at interior design or DIY's that will inspire me and I did find a few things that fit to my tastes and would be of an easy level to recreate. So ENJOY!


Marble tray upcycling
 I had this little tray that I bought from B&M for around £2.99 and I do like the quote but I think I could change it up a little bit and make it more appealing to my style with some marble contact paper. I purchased this paper for £6 at B&Q and for two metres on the roll that's really good as I am only going to being using this for small things like this tray. It was pretty much straight forward by tracing the underneath onto the paper cutting it out then making sure it fit properly and applying it to the base. It really does look pretty especially on my side table with my copper lamp as copper and marble go together really well. 

Watercolour Z

This was a spur of the moment creation, I was wondering around Hobbycraft when I saw this giant Z for £2 and after my copper Z that I created I knew this would look awesome with a water and paint mixture sponged/dabbed onto the Z. It came out quite well but was a little time consuming as I had to do all the inside and outside rather just the front. But for a £2 creation this looks really sweet sat on my vanity table and gives it a littler personal flare. 


Wire Notice Board

I had found this while surfing Pinterest and Youtube and knew I needed to make my own. I began searching online for single wire panels that I could use that didn't cost an absolute fortune like there is nothing worse having to buy more than you need to make a tiny DIY. So I finally came across this wire panel at Wickes for £3.99 and thought well for that price if it is too big I can trim it down because the measurements seemed big. I also picked up some binder clips (Home Bargains 49p) to hang up my polaroids (Lalalab online photo app) and a few other pieces like my tassel garland. When I had got the panel home I measured it against my door and although it fit I wanted to trim it down so I only took off one side just so it fit more evenly against the door. Silly me tried to actually stick it to the door with stick back tabs but I eventually used the sticky back hooks which work wonders as my wire was bent so by putting hooks on the top and bottom it straightened it out nicely. After it was hung up I pretty much just began decorating and placing my pictures where I wanted them and trimming my tassel garland as it was a little too long, and then finished it off by adding fairy lights. I love this DIY as it is probably one of my largest so far but it looks so awesome and much better than my previous way of displaying my polaroids. 


Cactus/Succulent Bunting

I came across this on Pinterest and decided to make a small version for my notice board as it needed some decorative combinations. I began by making the different shapes on various shades of green card and then cutting them all out. Once done I had a dozen different types of plant shapes and then painted onto them with mixed paints to represent the spikes of the cactuses and succulents. Once complete and dry I hole punched each of them and began laying them out into the order I wanted them in, I tried not to have two of the same shade next too each other and I was really pleased with the overall result. Once I was happy with my layout I began tying each piece onto the string with a simple knot so they did not slide around like my tassel garland does. I then hung my knew cactus garland onto my wire board and I actually love the pay off as this was so simple and looks really pretty. 


Cactus & Terrarium notebook

Whilst shopping the other day I noticed the notebooks i get from Home Bargains have larger A4 sizes so I decided to buy one to make a larger cactus notebook print. This Time however when I began drawing out my plants I did them inside tiny terrariums and things rather than just pots as I wanted it to be quirky. Once complete I began painting my sketches in various shades of green and adding the odd cute pink flower here and there. Once done I went around everything with a black biro to emphasise the cactuses/succulents and it was ready for us. This is super simple and the notebook is only £1.89 so it was a super cheap DIY. Sorry I know it isn't home decor but I just loved it!


Marble Nail Polish Jars

This was something I had known about for a while but didn't think to try it out with jars or anything. The jist of this DIY is to fill a container with water and then add a few drops off nail polish and swirl it around with a tooth pick to make a marbled pattern. Once you have a pattern you like then roll the jar into the water and the nail polish will stick to the outside of the jar. I used dolmio pasta sauce jars for this as I got the idea when cooking tea with my mum as I saw the empty jars. After letting the jar dry I was left with these cool looking jars to put flowers or my makeup brushes or art supplies like paint brushes into and I absolutely love it. Due to the colours I used this worked perfectly with my rooms colour scheme and I am really happy with the effect. 


 Well that is all my lovelies feel free to let me know if you tried any out or tweet me your creations @ZoeySarah. I really hoped you enjoyed this as I loved making them especially the board as it was something new and big for me and I really do like how everything came out. Thanks for reading!

All my love, 




No comments:

Post a Comment