Tuesday 1 March 2016

February Favourites 2016...

Well it's the start of March and that means one thing and one thing only FEBRUARY FAVOURITES! I honestly think this is the best thing about being a blogger that I have the urge to try new things because I want my blog to be versatile and as a person I want to try new things and not be stuck in a routine! So this month I have skincare, beauty and clothing that I have loved. Enjoy....


So this month has been a lot of cosy clothes that look fashionable when layered up and a flawless skin look with a strong contour, defined brows and a glimmering highlight. I chose a lot of these because I went on a lot of adventures and documented these journeys on social media and wanted to look nice while doing so.


Starting with beauty



So unlike last months favourites the beauty section is all drugstore products. Some of these I did mention in my go to products but this month I looked through all my makeup and looked at products I rarely use. Starting with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation £9.99, it is really hard for a pale person to buy a foundation that is a true match but this perfect. It is a very light shade for me in Light Vanilla and I have purchased this over and over it gives me a flawless coverage without feeling thick. It uses a fruit therapy formula consisting of apricot, melon and apple to give the skin a healthy glow which I absolutely love.

Along with the foundation I am also really enjoying the Avon Ideal Flawless Cream Concealer (Fair) £7. This stuff is amazing! it says it in the name but it is so creamy, I have been using this a lot recently to do under eye and to carve out my brows and make them look sharp and it does an amazing job I cannot rave about it enough!

Nails-wise I have been loving the Primark Plain Nails £1, I have been feeling a lot happier since I started spending the time to put false nails on and these are so pretty. I currently have the rose pink ones on but the white ones are so sleek and classic.



The swatches in the second picture do some justice to show how pigmented these highlighters are especially when they are only £3 in Superdrug. These are the Makeup Revolution Baked Highlighters in Pink Lights and Peach Lights, I tend to use these with a wet brush as it picks up product more easily and the pay off is beautiful especially for a gentle shine on the cheek bone or cupid's bow.



Excuse the other swatches on my hand haha. This lipstick is the Soap & Glory Fabu Lipstick in Naked Beige £8.99, this month I have been trying to use all my other lip products not just my MAC Lipsticks. This lipstick is a dark brown toffee colour and is rather creamy, I really liked this lipstick due to the fact I have really got into my brown toned lipsticks such as Whirl and Velvet Teddy. I know I can always trust Soap and Glory for good products as they have an amazing range and I have always enjoyed their lipglosses.

Scent of the month



I am literally in love with the Victoria's Secret Mango Temptation £12ish, it is a very sweet smelling scent and I love to give myself a good spritz of this before I leave the house. I love Mango so I had to pick this one when I bought mine at the Trafford Centre, that's why I'm not 100% on the price as it was the 5 for £30 deal. This will take me forever to go through and I finally got my hands on a pretty striped bag...

Now onto fashion



So this month I have been LOVING striped tops. I love them with leggings or black skirts or under pinafores. I just think they are very slimming and classic and can be really feminine for girls as well as masculine for boys. I found the two in the image above in Primark for around £5/6 each and they are beautiful! Especially the one on the right as the hem and the sleeves have like a crochet effect on them which shows through.


Next up is this Anchor Slouch Tee £3 from Primark, I love this top paired with my black skater skirt,black tights and chelsea boots as it is really feminine and cute. I have a similar top to this in burgundy with black hearts on and it is super comfortable, both suit being layered with a grey sleeveless cardigan.


I have mentioned these jumpers before in a Primark haul, these were both £10 each and have this zipped detail down the back. They are super comfy and loose and work perfectly with leggings or jeans like in the image below. For the price these are amazing and the zip detail really looks nice at the back, these are well worth the money and come in a range of colours from light pink to striped.


Now these trainers are the Nike SB Zoom Stefan Janoski's in Navy £60. I received these as a gift two christmas' ago and I hadn't wore them a lot until I found them in my wardrobe with the black ones. I styled them as you can see above with a baggy grey jumpers leggings and a leather jacket as I was going out shopping with Nathan. They are super comfy and come in a range of colours from black to floral print.

Fun Favourite's



 This is the Fujifilm instax mini 8 Polaroid Camera £60 I received this halfway through February and I love it. I use this mainly for me and Nathan to document our adventures and cute couple selfies. It's nice because Nathan likes to take pictures of just me and put them on his noticeboard at camp or in his wallet for when he is away in the field. Nathan bought me this for a Valentine's present and it is in the shade Raspberry which was a total shock to me because it is perfect! I just think the camera is so nice and the pictures are really classic and give an airbrushed effect.


My movie of the month has to be Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, I have laughed a stupid amount of times at this film I swear I have watched it like 5 times in a week so far. Whether it is singing Britney Spears to a zombie or how cute Augie is it just makes me smile this film. Like I said the character Augie in the film (on the left) is so lovely and such a good character he makes me laugh hysterically. But all in all this film is awesome and really good to watch if your into funny horror films.

Well that is all my lovelies for this months favourites,
hope you enjoyed seeing what I was loving.

All my love,



1 comment: