Thursday 3 March 2016

Room decor - Bits & Bobs...


So I was snooping through interior design blogs and We heart it and the idea came to do an interior design post and little cute bits and bobs that I have in my room. Some of these are homemade and some I have bought specifically to fit my colour scheme of pink,white and copper with the odd hint of mint green. So hopefully I can inspire some minds and help decorate someone else's space...



A lot of the things in my room have been customised to fit my theme or just because I thought it would look nicer. 


Starting with my desk area, I made the framed quote that was featured in my simple DIYS post but it works for any quote really. A long with the picture I painted some of the Ikea Cactaceae £4.50 potted plants with some acrylic copper paint to tie into the copper theme and I think they fit well with the colour of the frame. 


Linking to the copper theme my mum picked me up this little copper heart covered in bells from Asda £3. I love this it is very simple and dainty and brightened up my wardrobe area as it contrasts against the wardrobe colour. 


Previously featured on my blog were these cute copper baskets £4 from Matalan, I just noticed how the little tag says "bits and bobs" ironic haha. Anyway I love these for putting tiny things in such as my Fujifilm camera and body lotion (currently the Zoella one), a nail file,handcream and a little ducky I got from a Soap and Glory Christmas set. Next to this I put a little fake plant from B&M's that was £1.99 as I am currently obsessed with little plants.


Moving to my other desk I have some more painted pots. Each of these pots has a different use the larger pot holds all my perfumes such as Calvin Klein Reveal and Killer Queen by Katy Perry and also keeps my glasses safe. The middle pot is from Paperchase £5 and I use it for all my lipliners and lip crayons total bargain! My final pot holds all my go-to makeup brushes as I do have another to holder other larger brushes. I did paint the left and right pot as it gave them more character as I wanted more copper homeware on my desk.


Moving to my bed I have a range of cushions from Ikea. Tesco and Asda but I want to focus on the large Z cushion. I purchased this after I seen one of my friends with one and I fell in love. My mum bought me this as a birthday present from ASDA for £5 and I am completely in love with it. Any one else but me have an obsessed with things in their room showing their initial? hahaha


Above my bed I have this wall quote that I think was from B&M's for around £3 and I just think it is really sweet and compliments my colour scheme perfectly.



One of my recent DIY projects is my garland tassels for my wall. Excuse the fact I don't have curtains as I am trying to find new ones for my room. It took me a while to make these as it takes a lot of folding, rolling and placing each individually. I love them however because they are just super pretty and feminine and would look great for parties and such. I did want copper paper instead of gold but I think the gold really makes it special especially with the spotty tissue as I am obsessed with polka dots.


And finally, I painted this little elephant plaque £1.50 from Primark in copper to match my bohemian lanterns from The Range £7. These look perfect strung up behind my desk and the elephant is my favourite animal ever so it really ties in nicely with my other elephant ornaments.

Well that is all my lovelies, really hope you enjoyed!

All my love,


2 comments:

  1. The room décor looks adorable. Thanks a lot for sharing these photos here. Last month we celebrated our daughter’s 18th birthday at an event space. It was a DIY party and we did all arrangements of our own. She loved all arrangements and decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for your lovely comment, I love DIY just makes you feel nice knowing you made it all yourself :) x

      Delete