Saturday 26 March 2016

Holiday Homeware Haul

I should probably start by apologising for a week without blogging, but I have good reason and a lot of content to upload. I went up to the Lake District with my family as we have a cottage in Bowness but of course I went shopping. I picked up quite a few pieces for my room and mine and Nathan's future home and I knew I wanted to share it all with you. ENJOY!



 So above is a brief overview of some of my pieces, obviously a lot of copper and shiny pieces. A lot of these are from places such as T K Maxx or New Look so very easy to locate compared to a privately owned shop that you see a lot of in the Lakes. It went a little too far with me buying homeware as I forgot I have to place all this in my room, but it was too pretty too resist! 



 Above are all pieces I got from New Look including a top, I am going to include a few fashion pieces in this post as I only picked up 2 tops. Starting with the top which was £9.99 in a cream colour with a black mandala pattern on the front this look awesome with a baggy denim shirt and leggings paired with my adidas Stan Smiths. Next to the top is a rather large water bottle that I fell in love with due to its slogan 'mermaid off duty' £6.99. I love New Look's range of homeware as it has a lot of copper, mermaid and just general cute pieces so this bottle was a must have especially for the gym. I was lucky enough to be there when the sales were on so I picked up a holographic sequin cushion £3 and a white butterfly tea light £2 as I thought they were perfect additions to my room and fit the colour scheme.


Next onto my other fashion piece which was on of those cut sleeve striped t-shirts which was part of the 2 for £12 range as my mum seen a really nice striped top. A long with these I picked up a cream bobble hat £5 as I was really feeling how cute they are. New Look really were impressing me with their pieces so I purchased two bow in grey and pink suede material £2.99 each as I really love bows.

Back to my homeware collection I bought a little brass lantern £1 from pound world as I wanted to paint it copper for my room. 



 As you can see from the previous picture I picked up two plates/bowls from T K MAXX for £3.99 each in this holographic effect (I can't think off another way to describe it). I thought they would be really nice to put bobbles and clips and jewellery in as I love this king of effect homeware and they shine really nicely when the sun catches them.


 I cannot deny I have a bad addiction to copper homeware so I was debating this purchase for a few days. This basket is rather huge but for £7.99 I decided this would be perfect on my shelf with little bits and pieces in. I was right after moving things around and finding a few plants,lanterns and books to place inside it it really works for me and I love it!


 I was super happy when I found smaller versions of my large lantern and for much less so I picked up the larger one of the two for £7.99 and the smaller one with pink and orange glass panels for £5.99. These are just really cute so my love for Morroccan style decor are linked a lot to these lanterns so T K MAXX were really selling these to me as they have many more colours.



A long with my love for baskets I love the wicker kind as well so I thought this basket for £3 was really cute. I hope to do something similar with this basket as i did with my copper basket as it matches well with my other wooden pieces. As well as the basket I purchased two plants from T K MAXX in tiny terracotta pots for £2.99 and £3.99 my mum loved these and insisted on buying me one as she liked the different kinds of plants combined in the pot and they look super sweet sitting on my shelves.




Some more T K MAXX purchases but the first is a copper terrarium £7.99 which was one of my very first purchases. My mum spotted it and told me I needed it, I wasn't 100% sure what to do with it but I finally found a use and combined with a trivet in a copper effect from Home Bargains £1.99 with my tiny cactuses and New Look plant and I honestly think it looks lovely with my elephant ornaments.


This tea light was one of my favourite purchases as I had been looking at similar pieces on Amazon but they were much more expensive. So I picked this gorgeous geometric tea light from New Look for £5.99 and it looks perfect on my desk.


This cute little fake flower in a copper pot was from T K MAXX for £3.00, I don't know why this stood out to me so much in a mass of random pieces on reduction. However this was perfect for my room given the copper effect and similar matching flower colours to my room. 




I did do a little charity shop hunting while I was away and found a beautiful pink and white marble effect tray £1.99. This instantly stood out to me and I knew it would work in my room so combined with some bracelets off my mum from New Look £2 and the cutest little copper lid jar from T K MAXX for £2 it looks so nice. I want to empty the contents of the jars and put a tiny plant in it as it is so stunning!


I love this little quote tag £2 to hang on my lights as I love quote plaques and this reminded me of the Cinderella film quote 'have courage and be kind' so I just had to pick it up.


As I mentioned I did go in some charity shops and at the same time as picking up the tray I found this cute little pot for 99p I just loved the colour schemes of this pot and it looks cute on my dresser. 

Well that is all my lovelies hope you all enjoyed this as I have missed blogging so so much!

All my love,


No comments:

Post a Comment